Proper Care Instructions
- Remove your jewelry at night: Nightly perspiration and the extended rubbing against the skin will cause any metal finishes to dull over time
- Store your jewelry in a dry place: Do not store your jewelry in the bathroom, as the consistent moisture and humidity will tarnish your jewelry. Keep your jewelry items in a place such as your bedroom where proper ventilation and normal air conditions are present. This includes avoiding prolonged exposure to extreme heat.
- Do not clean your jewelry with chemicals: Plating is much more delicate than pure metals such as solid gold and platinum.
- Clean your items often to maintain shine: Remove the sweat and dirt that will accumulate with average wear. Use a very lightly damp cloth, and gently wipe down your item, use a clean towel to dry immediately after. To clean chains and necklaces, hold the piece by the clasp, do not tug at the chain to avoid rupturing the clasp.
- For jewelry that contains stones: Wipe the item gently, do not rub. Make sure to be careful around the corners or prongs that can catch on to your towel and damage or break loose one of your stones.
- The best thing you can do to help gold-plated jewelry keep its luster as long as possible is to take preventative measures to reduce damage.
- Make sure your hands are free of lotions, make-up, and soil before handling gold-plated pieces.
- Do not apply make-up, perfume, or hairspray while wearing gold-plated jewelry.
- Remove any gold-plated rings and bracelets while preparing acidic foods.
- Do not swim in chlorinated or salt-water pools while wearing gold-plated jewelry.
- Remove gold-plated pieces before exercising or when sweating profusely to prevent salts from damaging the gold.
- PLEASE NOTE: With products that contain either brass or copper, wearing copper jewelry can cause your skin to turn green due to chemical reactions. To prevent it coat your jewelry with clear nail polish and keep away from water. The reason your skin turns green is actually a normal reaction from the copper in your ring.